This statement sets out how Cardowan (Cardowan Creameries) handles personal information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “Data Protection Legislation”).
We recognise that the correct and lawful processing of personal data is important and integral to our successful operations and to maintaining the trust of the people we deal with. We fully endorse and adhere to the principles set out under the Data Protection Legislation.
For the purposes of this statement, the term “personal data” shall refer to personal data.
Purpose and legal basis for processing the personal data
The personal data that we will hold but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address at your place of work.
We hold and process your data for the purpose of marketing the services of Cardowan to you at your business provided you have not opted out from receiving such communication.
We will hold and process your data for as long as it remains pertinent to market our services to your business.
Cardowan, as data controller, will be processing data in accordance with its legitimate interest. We will therefore hold and process your data on this legal basis. You may object to the processing of your personal data on this basis and opt-out at any time.
Cardowan will fully respect your rights under the Data Protection Legislation including:
- You have the right to make a subject access request for free and which can be made electronically.
- You have the right to make a subject access request to verify the lawfulness of the processing we are carrying out.
- We will respond to your subject access request within one month of you making it.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to the use of your data and ask for your data to be erased.
- You have the right to withhold personal data if disclosure would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- You may obtain your personal information from us, except in limited circumstances.